I showcased Shravan Apps by Oswald Labs as part of the Mind the Step exhibition at the Dutch Design Week 2018 in the Klokgebouw in Eindhoven. The event featured design-driven technology and research by the 4TU, the consortium of Dutch technical universities.
“This year—supported by the UT’s DesignLab—Mind the Step will present projects at the interface of design, research and technology to 70,000 expected visitors in Eindhoven. It specifically focuses on projects that combine design, research, and technology with a social application.”
This year, Mind the Step has 6 main topics — Innovative materials, Design for debate, Health and well being, Home and leisure, The new mobility, and Improving professional environment. Oswald Labs is collaborating with the DesignLab University of Twente and researchers from Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science (EEMCS), University of Twente and Eindhoven University of Technology to present their end-to-end accessible smartphone, Shravan at Mind the Step at the Dutch Design Week this year.
With the support of Miriam Iliohan, co-founder of the DesignLab, Oswald Labs presented immersive demos of our accessible smartphone apps:
- Augmenta11y: Dyslexia-friendly augmented reality reading app, powered by Agastya
- Visib11y: Blind-friendly reading, navigation, and utility app
- Live Subtitles: Real-time conversational captions app for the hearing impaired
- Wikibility: Disabled-friendly Wikipedia reference app, powered by Agastya
- Reader: Disabled-friendly news and weather app, powered by Agastya